IEEE GLOBECOM 2019, to be held in Hawaii, Big Island, on 9-13 Dec 2019, plans to include a number of “Industry Seminars.” An Industry Seminar is similar to a traditional “technical tutorial” in format, however, the focus and contents are expected to be oriented toward industry professionals.
You are invited to submit a proposal(s) for Industry seminars by following the guidelines below:
Industry Seminar Proposal Guidelines and Template
This webpage contains guidelines and template for Industry Seminar organizers within IEEE GLOBECOM 2019
An Industry Seminar, to be held in a conference time-slot, aims at giving an organization the possibility to present a topic of interest to conference participants.
The proposal for an industry seminar is up to six (6) pages of maximum length and must include the following information:
- Proposer's information: Name, title, affiliation, email, phone number, and CV(up to 300 words.)
- Seminar title
- Motivation and Context: up to 300 words. Describe the motivation and context for the seminar indicating why you think that this is a good topic for a Seminar at the conference.
- Structure and content
- Key Bibliography and Level/Pre-Requisites for attendees: indicate the pre-requisites, and the background that the attendees are expected to have in order to capture the concepts of the Seminar.
- Previous Editions: In case it’s not the first edition, give information on previous ones such as host conferences, number of attendees, etc.)
- Tell us your preferred date and time slot(s).
- A description of previous tutorial experience of the speaker(s)
- A description of the past/relevant experience of the speaker(s) on the topic of the tutorial.
Topics of Interests
IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 seeks industry seminar proposals on new and emerging topics within the scope of communications and networking. Topics include but are not limited to the followings:
- 5G Services, Implementations and Standards
- Industrial and Medical Robots
- Drone Applications, Technologies and Challenges
- Internet of Things and Big Data
- AI and Machine Learning
- Smart Cars and Cities
- Social Networking and Security
- Cloud and Fog / Edge Computing, Networking and Storage
- Emerging Technologies for Public Safety
- SDN and Virtualization
- Electronic Commerce Including Blockchain Applications and Infrastructures to support it.
Seminar Proposal Submission
The proposal should be sent to industry seminar chair, Veli Sahin at email@example.com in a Microsoft word document
Seminar Duration and Structure
Seminars can be a half day or a full day seminar.
Industry seminars will be held on Monday, December 9th, 2019 and on Friday, December 13, 2019.
The Industry seminar should be composed of a presentation, and it may include demos, show of equipment, or any other means found relevant.
The following criteria will be taken into consideration for the evaluation and ranking of Industry Seminars’ proposals:
- Previous Experience of the speaker(s)
- Relationship to Patrons.
- Relationship to Exhibitors.
Seminar Proposal Timeline
- Proposal submission deadline June 1st, 2019
- Notification of selection July 15, 2019
- Contract signed July 30, 2019
- MS Power Point Presentation October 30, 2019
The following information will be made public:
- Industry Seminar’s Title.
- Title, Motivation, and Background.
- Structure and Content.
- Key Bibliography and Level/Pre-Requisites.
- Presenter’s name, position in company/institution, company/institution, country, CV,
The following apply to Industry Seminars Speakers:
- If attendance is only for the day of the seminar, they get a free One Day Registration each.
- If attendance is for more than the day of the seminar, each will have to pay for a regular registration.
Questions regarding to industry seminars should be sent to Veli Sahin at firstname.lastname@example.org.