IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 will be hosting a series of half-day or full-day Industry Forums and invites the submission of Industry Forum proposals.
Industry Forums should emphasize current topics of particular interest to the community on the latest technical and business issues in communications and networking. The Industry Forums will include industry focused presentations that are primarily aimed at practicing engineers, technical managers, as well as researchers from academia and industries, who need to know both the technical and practical aspects of new and emerging topics. An Industry Forum may include talks, invited presentations, and panels around a main topic.
SOME TOPICS OF INTEREST
- 5G Services, Implementations and Standards
- Internet of Things and Big Data
- Smart Cars and Cities
- Emerging Technologies for Public Safety
- Industry organization
- Network architectures and standards
- SDN and Virtualization
- Body area networks
- Industrial and Medical Robots
- Drone Applications, Technologies and Challenges
- Tactile Internet
- AI and Machine Learning
- Social Networking and Security
- Cloud and Fog / Edge Computing, Networking and Storage
- Electronic Commerce Including Blockchain Applications and Supporting Infrastructures
All Industry Forums will be held on Monday, December 9, and Friday, December 13.
INDUSTRY FORUM PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Each proposal (maximum 3 pages) must include:
- Title of the forum
- Name, affiliation, contact information, and short biography of each organizers
- Scope and topics of the forum
- A brief description (1 page max) of the technical issues that the session will address, emphasizing its timeliness
- Tentative names of potential speakers, panelist, keynotes(s)
- Tentative format of the forum
- Half-day or full day
- Preferred day (Monday, December 9, and Friday, December 13)
- Tentative schedule, number of sessions, etc.
- If appropriate, a description of past Industry Forums organized by the proposer, including number of attendees, etc.
- Draft call for proposal or explain how the speakers will be solicited
PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Quality of expected content
- Relationship to Patrons and Exhibitors.
- Proposal Submission Deadline:
1 June 201928 June 2019
- Proposal Acceptance Notification:
1 July 201915 July 2019
- Slides submission: Oct. 15, 2019
- A speaker attending only for the day of the forum will get a free One Day Registration.
- If attendance is for more than the day of the forum, a speaker must purchase a regular conference registration.
Please address proposals and questions to Industry Forum Chair: Martin Maier (mail to: email@example.com)