Download Call for Industry Forum Proposals PDF >>
IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 will be hosting a series of Industry Forums and invites the submission of Industry Forum proposals. Industry Forums should emphasize current topics of particular interest to the community on the latest technical and business issues in communications and networking. The Industry Forums, each 1.5 hours, will present talks that are aimed at researchers from academia and industries, practicing engineers, and technical managers who need to know both the technical and practical aspects of new and emerging topics. All sessions of the IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 Industry Forums will be held on Monday, December 9, and Friday, December 13. Submissions may include a date/time preference.
Please address proposals and questions to Industry Forum Chair: Martin Maier (mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Each proposal (maximum 3 pages) must include:
- Title of the forum and of each talk in the forum (to the extent already known)
- Length of each talk (15-25 minutes encouraged)
- Name, affiliation, contact information, and short biography of each speaker (to the extent already known)
- A brief description (1 page max) of the technical issues that the session will address, emphasizing its timeliness
- If appropriate, a description of past Industry Forums organized by the proposer, including number of attendees, etc.
Presentation material will not be published in IEEE Xplore.
SOME TOPICS OF INTEREST
5G Services, Implementations and Standards
Internet of Things and Big Data
Smart Cars and Cities
Emerging Technologies for Public Safety
Network architectures and standards
SDN and Virtualization
Body area networks
Industrial and Medical Robots
Drone Applications, Technologies and Challenges
AI and Machine Learning
Social Networking and Security
Cloud and Fog / Edge Computing, Networking and Storage
Electronic Commerce Including Blockchain Applications and supporting Infrastructures
PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERIA
Quality of expected content
Relationship to Patrons and Exhibitors.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: 1 June 2019
- Proposal Acceptance Notification: 1 July 2019
- Slides submission: Oct. 15, 2019
A speaker attending only for the day of the seminar will get a free One Day Registration.
If attendance is for more than the day of the seminar, a speaker must purchase a regular conference registration.