Download Call for Workshop Proposals PDF >>
In addition to exciting technical symposia, tutorials, industry panels and exhibitions, IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 will feature a series of half and full-day workshops and invites the submission of workshop proposals. The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics not specifically covered in the main symposia. Workshops should highlight current topics related to technical and business issues in communications and networking, and should include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion.
Workshop Proposal Format
Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include (please follow the following order in your proposal):
- Title of the workshop
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information), limiting up to 2 workshop chairs for half-day workshop and 3 workshop chairs for full-day workshop
- Scope and topics of the workshop (max 1 page)
- Rationale (max 1 page)
- Why is the topic current and important?
- Why the workshop may attract a significant number of submissions of good quality?
- Why the workshop may attract a large number of attendees, in addition to the authors?
- Why the workshop differs from others; i.e., related workshops and conferences of similar topic?
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words)
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a plus)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
- Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule
- Preferred day of workshop:
- Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels
- Unique, creative and novel workshops formats are strongly encouraged
- Draft Call for Papers (max 1 page)
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- Workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including the number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc. If a similar workshop has been organized at recent ICC/GLOBECOM, please state whether your proposed workshop is similar or different.
Workshop Proposal Submission
A workshop proposal should be sent as a single PDF file to Workshop Co-Chairs via email.
Proposals that address exciting topics in creative formats that generate lively interactions among participants are highly encouraged. Examples include facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions across academicians, practitioners and policy makers leading to high impact and transformative research. Papers will be added to the IEEE GLOBECOM Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Workshop Preparation and Organization Timeline
- Proposal Submission Deadline: February 15, 2019
- Notification of Selection: April 15, 2019
- Website for each workshop on: April 25, 2019
- Deadline for workshop paper submission: June 30, 2019
- Acceptance/rejection announcement: August 15, 2019
- Final workshop papers due: September 15, 2019
Please address all questions to the IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 Workshops Chairs:
- Yi Qian, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Li-chun Wang, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, email@example.com