IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 will feature a comprehensive high-quality technical program including 13 symposia and a variety of tutorials and workshops. IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 will also include an attractive Industry program aimed at practitioners, with keynotes and panels from prominent research, industry and government leaders, business and industry panels, and vendor exhibits.
All papers for technical symposia (including Selected Areas in Communications) should be submitted via EDAS.
Paper Submission: 15 April 2019
Paper Notification: 15 July 2019
Camera-Ready Paper: 16 August 2019
Original technical papers are sought in the following areas:
Selected Areas in Communications (SAC) Symposium
SAC - Access Networks/Systems & Power Line Communications
- Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir, University of the West of Scotland, UK
- José A. Cortés, University of Malaga, Spain
SAC - Big Data
- Jie Li, University of Tsukuba, Japan
SAC - Cloud & Fog/Edge Computing, Networking and Storage
- Anxiao Jiang, Texas A&M University in College Station, USA
SAC - e-Health
- Giorgio Quer, University of Genova, Italy
SAC - Internet of Things
- Ridha SOUA, INRIA, France
- Pietro Manzoni, UPV, Spain
SAC - Molecular, Biological and Multi-Scale Communications
- Adam Noel, University of Warwick, UK
SAC - Satellite & Space Communications
- Pascal Lorenz, University of Haute-Alsace, France
SAC - Smart Grid Communications
- Suzhi Bi, Shenzhen University, China
SAC - Social Networks
- Jelena Misic, Ryerson University, Canada
SAC - Tactile Internet
- Meryem Simsek, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks Symposium
- Shuai Han, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Maode Ma, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Guanding Yu, Zhejiang University, China
Communication & Information Systems Security Symposium
- Qian Wang, Wuhan University, China
- Abderrezak RACHEDI, Paris-Est University (UPEM), France
- Hong Li, Chinese Academy of Science, China
Cognitive Radio and Networks Symposium
- Daniel Benevides da Costa, Federal University of Ceará, Brazil
- Faouzi Bader, CentraleSupélec campus of Rennes, France
Communication QoS, Reliability & Modeling Symposium
- Eiji Oki, Kyoto University, Japan
- Katsunori Yamaoka, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Angelos Antonopoulos, Telecom Technological Centre of Catalonia, Spain
Communication Theory Symposium
- Wei Yu, University of Toronto, Canada
- Enrico Paolini, University of Bologna, Italy
- Andrea M. Tonello, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
Communication Software, Services and Multimedia Apps. Symposium
- Hacène Fouchal, Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne, France
- Guosen Yue, Huawei R&D of USA
Green Communications Systems and Networks Symposium
- Pengbo Si, Beijing University of Technology, China
- Kyng Sup Kwak, Inha University, Korea
Mobile and Wireless Networks Symposium
- Jun Zheng, Southeast University, China
- Qiang Li, Huazhong U. of Science and Technology, China
- Lin Bai, BUAA, China
- Chia-Han Lee, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Next-Generation Networking and Internet Symposium
- Laurent Ciavaglia, Nokia Bell Labs, France
- Luca Foschini, University of Bologna, Italy
- Alessio Botta, University of Naples, Italy
Optical Networks and Systems Symposium
- Reza Nejabati, University of Bristol, UK
- Mohan Gurusamy, National University of Singapore
Signal Processing for Communications Symposium
- Ana Garcia Armada, University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain
- Haijun Zhang, University of Science and Technology, Beijing, China
- Abdelhamid Mellouk, University of Paris-Est Créteil, France
Wireless Communications Symposium
- Chuan Huang, UESTC, China
- Vasanthan Raghavan, Qualcomm, USA
- Jie Xu, GDUT, China
- Cenk Gursoy, Syracuse University, USA
- Panagiotis Demestichas, University of Piraeus, Greece
Prospective authors are invited to submit original technical papers for presentation and publication. Accepted and presented technical papers will be published in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
Please address questions regarding the Technical Symposia to TPC Chair, Hsiao Hwa Chen or TPC Vice Chair, Hamid Gharavi and Chonggang Wang. Please address questions regarding a specific symposium or a SAC symposium track to the respective symposium co-chairs or the SAC symposium track chairs listed on the conference website.
Please make sure to follow the Author and Submission Guidelines listed below.
Important IEEE Policy Announcement: The IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (including its removal from IEEE Explore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken very seriously and the IEEE Communications society will take action against any author who engages in either practice. Follow these links to learn more:
PLEASE NOTE: To be published in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the FULL or LIMITED (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Chair grants permission for a substitute presenter in advance of the event and who is qualified both to present and answer questions. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one FULL or LIMITED registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
During the initial paper submission process via EDAS, it is the authors' responsibility to ensure that the author list and the paper title of the submitted pdf file is an exact match to the author list and paper title on the EDAS registration page. In particular, the EDAS registration page must include all co-authors, not just the submitting author. Failure to comply with this rule might result in your paper being withdrawn from the review process. Please be aware that the author list of an accepted paper can NOT be changed in the final manuscript.
All final submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper length of six (6) printed pages (10-point font) including figures without incurring additional page charges (maximum 1 additional page with over length page charge of USD100 if accepted). Papers exceeding 7 pages will not be accepted at EDAS.
Download Standard IEEE conference templates for LaTeX formats >>
You may also use one of the following templates for Microsoft Word: A4, US letter. Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process, and all submissions must be done through EDAS.
If you have any questions regarding the submission of manuscripts, please contact one of the Technical Program Chairs of the Symposia that you are submitting a paper.